Another Week Feeling Great

I would like to start this post by saying, I am feeling and even looking better than I have in years.  My clothes fit so much better in small ways.  But those small ways make a big difference in how I view myself.  It's amazing what a few weeks of very little processed foods and refined sugars can do for you.  I also have been working out.  I did a crazy work out last Thursday that I am still sore from!  I pulled out my old Billy Blank videos and fired up the boot camp DVD.

Billy's BootCamp Cardio BootCamp! Billy Blanks, TaeBo, Tae Bo
Can I tell you I wanted to die about 10 minutes into it!  I thought all the running and Zumba and Yoga would at least half prepare to take this video on again... but that was not the case.  I really wanted to give up about 20 minutes into it, but I kept moving and made it the entire 55 minutes.  Aside from the push-ups and rolling towards the end.  There was a moment I was laughing too hard because my arms were mush and I couldn't get up any more!  I had to take a breather and then I got moving again.  I am still a tiny bit sore from this work out.  The next day I was okay until the afternoon and it just got worse from there.  I went running Saturday and that felt amazing, but afterwards my body was that much more sore.  It felt great!  So I'm still going.  I am eating better, working out more and pushing my body in a way it has never been pushed.  My attitude has gotten better and although I still have my tired moments I make it all the way through the day.  I have had 0 soda for 21 days now and very little refined sugars.  I never thought I could do it.  The last time I went without soda was when I was pregnant and it made me sick.

amen...

I don't know if anyone is really reading my progress or even if anyone really cares, but if I can give one piece of advice it would be to just start moving.  It is hard to get started... it's the hardest part.  Once you do and once you start seeing those results, it makes the hard part worth it.  I am not over weight and I really don't have any weight to lose, so I don't understand what it is like to have a long way to go.  But I do know it is possible.  I am transforming my body.  I am not fit or even that healthy, but one step at a time I am changing that and I am already seeing results.  Just because a person is a skinny does not mean they are healthy and I have fallen in that category for far too long.  I am determined to change my life from here on out and continue to improve myself so when I do leave this life I can say, I never gave up.

Comments

Popular Posts