Organizing My Whole Life

Day 20 of my second month of this Happiness project and I feel the weight on my shoulders.  It has been a roller coaster of a month and I do not feel I have gotten enough done.  But here is where I am at...

I did organize the closet in my spare room in the basement.  It is where all our games and kids toys have gone.  I pulled everything out and with some small bins and tape I got the games and toys organized.  I wish I had taken a before picture!!  It was a crazy mess.  But here is the after picture:

It goes back quite a ways but here is the front part.  The floor below is completely empty and I really don't know what to put back in there.  I have a pretty good storage room so I don't need the extra storage, atleast not in the basement.  I could definitely use a linen closet upstairs (this house did not have ANY linen closets built in it).  Any ways, I was very happy to complete this.  Now if you could see behind me you would probably laugh!  It is a disaster area.  That will be the next area I will attack.  I will take a before and after picture this time!

So this is pretty much the best that I've done.  I have gone through my closet again and got rid of another bag of clothes.  I also went through all the families coats and I will be donating about 10 coats.  I look at all those coats and realize how blessed I am to have all that I do.  What a great life God has given me.

I am working on improving my personal life this month as well.  It has been an emotional roller coaster this month.  My marriage is on the rocks and most likely ending.  It has been hard to come to this conclusion but I now know it is the best for both our futures.  We are both on different paths in life and no longer compliment each other.  Of course that is not the reason for our divorce, but this is basically what it boils down to.  I am focusing more on my relationship with God and my children.  I have come to a realization that my idea of God and religion has been a facade my whole life.  I do believe in God... but not the one I have been taught about.  I feel my eyes have been opened... like I had been walking around with my eyes closed for the past 35 years!  I'm not going to go too deep into this life change as well.  Maybe later on as I get more information and really jump into this new life of mine.  Here is my new life theme song...


For once I feel like I am living authentically and in line with how God truly wants me to be.  It is definitely hard to make these changes in my life and I have to continuously remind myself why I am doing this and why it is so important.  I'm sure I will criticized for my choices especially in the area where I live, but I would rather be judged by others than continue to live a lie.  I have never felt so sure about anything in my life.  Although I feel like I am in a mourning process, I am willing to go through it to get to a better life.  A more enriching and fulfilling life is waiting just around the corner!


Comments

Popular Posts