What Eliminating Soda and Sugar From My Diet Did For My Body

Five years ago, I began this blog Create.Be.Imagine, to write about my goals and progress over a one year period. It was a quest to better myself and my life, and what a ride it has been!

For my first month, I had decided to honor my body by eliminating soda, sugar, and processed food from my diet. Before I began this journey, I was consuming two 44-oz Dr. Peppers every day. Two. Here is my blog post that I wrote after I completed month one.

Beginning of Month Two

I was on fire after that month was over and here's a list of the top ten changes I noticed in my body:
  1. My skin was clear of all blemishes.
  2. A wound on my foot that had still not completely healed after six months, disappeared.
  3. I had more energy.
  4. My daily headaches had been long forgotten.
  5. I slept all night long and woke up feeling refreshed.
  6. My anxiety attacks were nearly non-existent.
  7. My joints no longer ached.
  8. I was happier.
  9. The numbness in my face, hands, and feet disappeared.
  10. My brain fog lifted, most of the way. 
  11. (One more for good measure😉) ALL my clothes fit better!
I was so close to being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, by my doctor and I really believed I was in for a lifetime of managing this disease. When my symptoms began to disappear and I finally felt free of its chains, I realized that I never had a "disease". It was all diet based issues and problems, and if I could rise from it, so could others.

Loving myself begins from the inside out. Not only does it require a more positive mindset, but my body deserves to be honored and loved as well. Sometimes I still fall back into the rut of eating horridly, but more and more it is becoming easier to climb back out and shift myself into a loving mental and physical state.

Maybe that's what they mean by evolving and rising above. I'm not going to be perfect, but I'm getting better at being healthier and more loving towards myself and my body. I want others to know, it IS possible. Five years ago, I was losing so much, including my health. Instead of melting in defeat, I chose to stand and push through my achy joints and body, my exhausted mind, and my heart broken life, and become a stronger person. I will always be a better person for the trials I went through back then, and I'm grateful to now have the tools to keep me readjusting to a higher and more fulfilling life.

As someone said to me the other day, "It might not be that you are failing, but that you have finished with this level of your life and it's now time to rise to the next one."

So, here I am. Rising.

Are you ready to join me?

Let's get this party started 🙌🙌🙌

Comments

Popular Posts